Burnt Sugar has a santa-bag full of gigs this month starting with a performance for the Art for Arts Inc. benefit on Monday, December 15th. We”ll be joined by the noted acoustic bassist and violinist Henry Grimes .
Then before you can say jingle, we feel fortunate to of been invited to perform by Sarah Scandiffio of PS One, Dan Nishimoto of MOMA and the POPRALLY committee for a NeoHooDoo celebration on Tuesday, December 16th at the PS One Contemporary Art Center in Queens.
The exhibit is boss and we’ll break out our hoo-doo-voodoo chants and songs to get all tribal with it. Not to mention visuals provided by the video bandit MJ, and the exclusive limited edition print by Susanne Cerha that will be given to each attendee.
You say that’s not enough for your stocking stuffer? Well then, how about an after-Christmas performance on the 26th at Temple M in Harlem. Work off that holiday meal and wet your whistle for 2009 when in January there will be something old, something new and something for the first time in five years. But we can’t open that till January…
- 06/11/17 Burnt Sugar the Arkestra Chamber in Hoboken, N.J. at Hoboken Arts & Music Festival
- 06/25/17 Burnt Sugar the Arkestra Chamber in Harlem ~ New York, N.Y. at Harlem Arts Festival ~ Richard Rogers Amphitheater
- 08/10/17 Burnt Sugar the Arkestra Chamber in New York, N.Y. at Central Park Summerstage
- 09/09/17 Burnt Sugar the Arkestra Chamber in Sant’Anna Arresi, Sardinia at ON THE BORDERS BETWEEN SARDINIA & JAZZ FESTIVAL – Edition Thirty-Two ~ AI CONFINI TRA SARDEGNA E JAZZ – XXXII EDIZONE Tickets
- 09/10/17 Burnt Sugar the Arkestra Chamber in Sant’Anna Arresi, Sardinia at ON THE BORDERS BETWEEN SARDINIA & JAZZ FESTIVAL – Edition Thirty-Two ~ AI CONFINI TRA SARDEGNA E JAZZ – XXXII EDIZONE Tickets